Monday, January 26, 2009

Ramblin' Outlaws


Dirty, greasy, slimy, DIY country punk. Does it get any better?

The newly formed Ramblin’ Outlaws are serving this shit by the platefull all over the San Diego area.

Lead singer and guitar player Tim Raldo took the time to answer a few questions for me over the weekend.

1) How long have you been together as Ramblin' Outlaws?

We have been together for a little more than a month, I (Tim Raldo), Rowland, & Dan all played together in another bluegrass band called Whiskey Wise Tales, but the 3 of us all quit that band because they were too slow for our liking, plus they didn't want to do any of my songs & I felt they were too good to go to waste so we formed the Ramblin' Outlaws.

2) What are all of your musical backgrounds?

Pretty much just punk, I sing in a band called Tim Raldo & the Filthy Fuks, Rowland plays bass for Noisegod, & Dan plays drums for a band called Inciting Riots, the only one in the band whos not a punk is Kris, Kris is the back bone of the band, he's the one who turned us from a bunch of drunks fucking around into a real band.

3) What do you guys like to do when not playing music?

When we’re not playing music we pretty much just drink booze, smoke weed & listen to music.

4) What bands are you listening to most right now? What's in the IPod?

I mostly listen to what I refer to as "Outlaw Music" shit like: Hank III, Unknown Hinson, Johnny Paycheck, David Allen Coe, George Jones, And when im not listening to country I listen to: GG Allin, The Dwarves, ANTiSEEN, Gwar, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Turbonegro, ect.. Lately I can’t seem to get enough of a band called The Hookers from Kentucky, if you never heard of them, check em out!

5) How have you been recieved at the shows you've played so far?

So far people have really taken a liking to us, a lot of other Bluegrass & Rockabilly bands have been asking us to play with them left & right! I’m really excited to see what’s to come, I’ve been in the local scene & been playing in bands for the last 12 years & never before has there been this much hype on a band that I’m in, it’s really cool!


6) What does the world need to know about the Ramblin' outlaws?

The Ramblin Outlaws truly do not give a fuck about nothin! We’re here to get drunk & raise sum mother fuckin hell!
Rock-n-Roll 4 Life!!!!!!!


You can hear them on their MySpace page: www.myspace.com/ramblinoutlaws666


Thanks for the time Tim. I get the feeling we're going to be hearing alot from you guys. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment